HOME SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP
Our school has an ‘open door’ policy and a community centred attitude to learning. At all times we endeavour to let you know what we are learning and encourage communication between home and school to support all aspects of learning in and out of school. This includes sending you information via our Newsletters, our website and our virtual learning environment, Wizkid.
As part of our commitment to provide the best education for your child during their time with us at Hawley Primary School, we ask that all parents and carers sign to our ‘Home and School Agreement’ when their child begins school with us. Our Home School Agreement has been written in conjunction with other schools in the Frogmore and Yateley area.
HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
THE SCHOOL’S COMMITMENT
We will endeavour to:
1. Provide a safe secure and caring school environment;
2. Provide a balanced and stimulating curriculum which meets the needs of each child;
3. Ensure that each child achieves to the best of their ability and potential;
4. Contact Parents if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or equipment;
5. Inform the Parents of any concerns or problems that are affecting their child’s learning or behaviour;
6. Send home an Annual Record of Achievement;
7. Provide home learning activities for the child to complete at home with Parental support, as appropriate to particular aspects of work and year group;
8. Monitor work set and carried out at home;
9. Arrange Parent’s Evenings during which the child’s progress can be discussed;
10. Keep Parents informed about School activities through regular Newsletters and notices about special events and requests;
11. Maintain an open - door policy to enable ongoing contact between Staff and Parents.
12. Value all pupils equally.
THE PUPIL’S COMMITMENT
I will try to:
1. Work to the best of my ability both in my class work and my homework;
2. Take a pride in the school and my appearance, wearing the school uniform to demonstrate this;
3. Get on with other children and people in school showing care for them, their property and the school in which we work together each day;
4. Come to school regularly, on time and with all the equipment I need for learning each day;
5. Keep the school rules and the rules of my class
THE PARENT’S COMMITMENT
I / We will endeavour to:
1. Ensure that my child goes to School regularly, on time and properly equipped for learning;
2. Ensure my family holidays are taken only during the official extended school holiday periods
3. Inform the School about any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour in School
4. Provide an absence note or telephone to inform the school about any absences my child may have from school;
5. Help my child to sustain an interest in school and encourage him/her to keep the agreed school rules;
6. Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home learning
7. Attend Parent’s Evenings and discussions about my child’s progress
8. Keep up to date with my child’s life in School including current events and activities.