At Hawley Primary School, we understand the importance of technology in children's lives. As well as the children learning computing skills and knowledge, technology is also used to enhance and develop the children's learning across the curriculum. In addition to this your children are also taught how to use the internet safely and responsibly to ensure that they make the right decisions.
Below are some links which will provide you with further information about how you can keep your children safe online.
- Think U Know This website has a variety of videos/games to access for learning about Online Safety. Select your child’s age range and enjoy
- Police advice
- Vodafone Digital Parenting
- Childnet This page has sessions for children aged 7 to 11 that focus on the SMART rules of online safety.
- Childnet This page has a variety of resources to help support teaching your child online safety
- Childnet This page contains free posters you can download to discuss with your child.
- Internet Matters A simple guide to aid parents having conversations with their children about cyberbullying.
- Internet Matters This page has numerous downloadable leaflets to support with Online Safety.
- Internet Matters This page shows you where to download the Digiduck application. This is an e-safety story app for 3-7 years.
- Internet Matters This page shows you where to download the Internet Matters application. This is an e-safety app for 8-10/11 years. It is a split-screen collaborative app which helps you to think about what you (parent and child) would do if you were faced with different situations online; from cyberbullying to sharing content with someone you don’t know.
- Netsmartz This website has a series of videos to aid in teaching online safety. The ‘Elementary’ section is for children ages 6 to 12.
- Google Internet Legends This is a fun game to play with children to help teach them about online safety. There are 4 ‘worlds’ that you will visit with different subject areas to look at: think before you share, securing your secrets, respecting each other, and checking information is real.
- London Grid for Learning This website contains useful resources for parents. Use the drop down menus to navigate to the parent section.
- Parent Zone Parent Zone is an expert consultancy in digital family life, responding to the global challenges of the digital age.
- South West Grid for Learning This website contains useful resources for parents. Use the drop down menus to navigate the parent section.
- National Online Safety This link will direct you to a webpage that provides “What Parents Need to Know About....” Documents. These documents detail a safety guide on different areas of the online world e.g. YouTube and Fortnite.
- Discovering Digital
- Moving to Secondary School
- Dealing with issues - children accessing online pornography
- WhatsApp Guide for Parents